BPL & GRFC Info for visitors & club members
Keeping Everyone Safe is our Priority
We are delighted to welcome members and visitors to Broadwater Pavilion whether it be playing Rugby or enjoying our Clubhouse and facilities.
In line with government guidance and regulations we have implemented and updated some changes to ensure the safety of our guests, teams and staff at all times during your visit. We politely request parents/guardians ensure their children also understand and comply with the various rules and guidance outlined below.
First and fore-most we ask – please do not come to the Club if you have Covid symptoms, or if per Government guidelines you should be self-isolating/quarantining.
HANDS – FACE – SPACE
- As you arrive in the lobby downstairs, please use the
hand sanitiser station and during your visit please make use of hand sanitiser and hand washing facilities throughout the venue.
By attending training sessions, matches and related events and activities on behalf of Guildford Rugby Football Club and Broadwater Pavilion, you acknowledge, appreciate and agree that:
- Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19, MRSA and influenza. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist; and,
- You KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for your participation; and,
- You willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation as regards protection against infectious diseases. If, however, you observe any unusual or significant hazard during your participation, you will remove yourself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
- You, for yourself and on behalf of your heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Guildford Rugby Football Club and Broadwater Pavilion, their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- As parent/guardian, with legal responsibility for this participant, have read and explained the provisions in this waiver/release to your child/ward including the risks of presence and participation and his/her personal responsibilities for adhering to the rules and regulations for protection against communicable diseases. Furthermore, your child/ward understands and accepts these risks and responsibilities. You for yourself, your spouse/partner, and child/ward do consent and agree to his/her release provided above for all the Releasees and yourself, your spouse/partner, and child/ward do release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees for any and all liabilities incident to your minor child’s/ward’s presence or participation in these activities as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE to the fullest extent provided by law.
- We are registered with the NHS Covid19 app, used by Public Health England – please use the QR codes dotted around the premises to check in or alternatively a paper register will be available.
- Our table capacity inside has been configured to ensure compliance with social distancing and no more than 6 people at a table. Please do not switch tables or move any furniture.
- Please note that Contactless payment is still the preferred method of payment at this time.
- Entrance to and from the building will be via a ONE-WAY system clearly sign-posted and we ask you adhere to this route. We politely ask that upon entry to or leaving the premises you do not congregate and continue to maintain social distancing. Staff will monitor this and look to ask for compliance so please respect them if requested to find more space.
Close Contact & Self-Isolation
Despite the removal of social distancing, close contact must be avoided where possible outside the field of play. This is defined as:
- Face-to-face contact under one metre for any length of time, including talking to someone or being coughed on.
- Being within one metre of each other for one minute or longer.
- Being within two metres of each other for more than 15 minutes in total in one day.
- Travelling in the same vehicle.
If a player tests positive on a team there is not a need for the other players to self-isolate, unless they were in
- close contact, have been contacted by Test and Trace, have developed symptoms or tested positive themselves. Those who are fully vaccinated and under-18s will not have to self-isolate, unless they test positive for Covid or develop symptoms.
You should self-screen prior to arrival at training or matches to ensure you do not have any of the following symptoms:
- A high temperature (above 37.8˚ C).
- A new continuous cough.
- Shortness of breath.
- A sore throat.
- Loss of or change in normal sense of taste or smell.
- Feeling generally unwell.
- Persistent tiredness.
If you answer ‘yes’ to one or more of the questions, you should not attend and follow NHS and PHE guidelines.
Be safe and listen carefully. Follow instructions from your coach about staying safe.
Spread out. Keep your distance from other players when not playing.
Your kit. Keep all your kit with your parent/carer. This includes water bottles with your name on, hand sanitiser, goalkeeper gloves and jumpers. These must be your own and not be shared with anyone else.
Designated area. Space for your kit will be provided if you do not have a parent/carer in attendance.
Cover your mouth. Cough and sneeze into your sleeve, or tissue and dispose of immediately.
Before arrival at Broadwater Pavilion
Your child can train or play matches only if you have registered them with the club and given your consent for them to play by the Sunday before their first session or match.
Minimise the amount of kit/belongings you bring for you and your child.
At Broadwater Pavilion
Sanitise your hands upon entry and exit. Dispensers are available.
Toilets will be open. Follow the one way system, where relevant
Be prepared to assist with first aid for your child, including administering medication.
Be aware of symptoms and report any immediately.
- Please be assured our staff have undergone Covid Compliance training.
- Staff will be wearing PPE if government guidelines dictate.
- Staff will be hand washing at least every 20 minutes for 20 seconds and sanitising their hands between each task.
- Frequently used contact points will be cleaned every 30 minutes and tables and chairs will be cleaned after every use with disinfectant spray and disposable paper towel.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION AND ENJOY YOUR TIME AT BROADWATER
We ask that everyone respects these guidelines/rules and we reserve the right to ask visitors to leave if they are not adhering to our safety measures.
Further information from the NHS: