Mini and Junior Rugby returns to Guildford RFC this Sunday on the 6th September. We are at Stage D on the RFUs Return to Rugby Roadmap so training will operate a little differently and critically we need parents and players to observe the controls we have put in place which are important in maintaining safety for our players, parents and volunteers.
Stage D allows us to play a modified version of the game with no more than 20 players per half pitch – for more details on the England Rugby website
As we are operating under strict guidance re player numbers, sessions for various age groups are being staggered as outlined in Appendix 1. Please note your timing and we ask you arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to your slot and also please leave promptly once your session concludes to avoid congestion with sessions that follow.
Things to remember/note:
Please read carefully and if you have any questions please contact your age group head coach, team admin or youth/mini chairs.
- Prior to arrival we ask you and your playing child self assess for symptoms and if in any doubt please do not attend if you are anyone in your household or party is unwell.
- The reference guide in Appendix 2 is provided to help clarify action to take if you or a member of your household has symptoms of or has the virus.
- Please also ensure you have updated Teamer or the player tracker system your age group uses so we have information re who is attending.
- Please remember to bring all your kit including boots, gum shield, and usual kit. Water bottles will not be provided by the coaches, so please remember to bring your own water bottle (we suggest you mark with your name).
- Upon arrival – Use the map in Appendix 3 to navigate to your car park and nominated pitch. Please note your timing and we ask you to arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to your slot and also leave promptly so sessions that follow do not suffer from car park bottlenecks.
- Toilet facilities will be available but the premises and changing rooms will be closed so please arrive ready to play.
- Follow directions on signage for use of the toilet facilities.
- A register will be taken to check-in players and parents/guardians
- We ask that you keep spectators to a minimum, preferably one parent/guardian per player
- Follow government guidelines on hand hygiene and social distancing – hand washing and sanitizer will be on site but a good idea if players bring a small bottle themselves
- Spectate 2m from the edge of the pitch where your child is training.
- Parents and siblings should not touch any kit
- Ensure all items brought and litter are taken home. Lost property will not be saved.
- No spitting anywhere and no chewing on the pitch
- Please maintain current government social distancing rules when pitchside and stay with your age group.
- If you want to wear a mask feel free.
- Once the training is finished please leave the club as soon as possible.
- Tea/Coffee and pastries will be available from the food van located next to the main club-house. Please do support the use of this but observe social distancing when queuing and we ask you to return to your age group bubble as opposed socialising with other participants from other age groups. We ask for card payments only please.
- The club shop is not open but we will endeavor to stock various items outside and or take orders for collection