his role as Mini’s Chair at the end of this season. Giles has balanced his professional life as a barrister with the demands of family and rugby fantastically. Giles has approached the challenges calmly, gracefully and with his natural charm, which he shares with guests and members alike.
With a commitment to his section, Giles drew them together introducing better communications via a new WhatsApp group for heads of years and the introduction of free RFU coaching courses for coaches.
With Jo Taylor, Minis Fixtures Secretary, working with him, lots of other things have been achieved over the last two years as well:
- Seeing Saracens and Quins come and play our Minis age groups for the first time.
- Seeing Guildfordians come for the first time in a generation to play U7-U9 and U11.
- Endorsing the desire to form south coast links, now being actively taken forward with a number of south coast clubs.
- Deepening and enhancing relations with Farnham.
- Securing The Surreys for April 2020
On behalf of the Club, we would like to thank Giles for his contributions over the past 2 years and look forward to welcoming him back in September when he will continue with coaching for his son’s U11 team.